Monday, February 2, 2009

Saturday sewing

I managed to find some time on Saturday to do some sewing. I finally finished a little self-binding blanket for my husband's cousin's new baby girl that I've been wanting to send off for ages! (She's almost three months old...whoops.)

I've made a couple of these now - they are simple and pretty quick to make. Well, not so simple the first time I made one, for little R, and sewed 3 out of 4 of the mitred corners the wrong way, only discovering my mistake AFTER I chopped them all off! I managed to sew the cut bits back on and redo the corners. The blanket corners look rather silly, but we've gotten a lot of use out of it. But anyway - now that I have the hang of those corners, they are fun and relatively quick to make.

This is the finished blanket - just very wrinkled (as I'd already folded it before I remembered to take a photo). It's pretty simple fabric - pink and green striped, backed by a soft pink - but I liked the simplicity of it.

I wanted to keep sewing and planned to get a lot more done on my scrappy pinwheel quilt, but my machine kept stuffing up! I had to keep taking it apart and putting it back together, but after about 20 times and only a few half-square triangles completed, I finally gave up. I am going to take the machine in tomorrow to be serviced (and a new light bulb put in finally!), and hope that fixes the problem.

No comments:

Post a Comment