Tuesday, December 22, 2009

New quilt: Red square

I have been on a sewing rampage, and managed to get another quilt top finished. This one (I'm calling it Red Square) is a Christmas gift for my sister-in-law. I'm halfway through quilting it and still hoping to get the binding sewn on before Friday... Nothing like a little last minute pressure!


Red Square

In between blocks for the Red Square quilt, I've been sewing the scraps together to make scrappy rectangles. As I love quilts with white sashing, I hope to make enough of these for an entire quilt... one day.

scrappy squares



I have nearly finished the triple blue irish chain quilt for my mother-in-law... a bit more binding left to sew down. Here is the latest photo, with border and binding sewn on (but not finished).

Close-up:
Blue irish chain

Front: (R just loves to walk on my quilts... much to my dismay!)

Blue triple irish chain

Backing:

back of blue triple irish chain



Finally, last month I made some more pinwheels for my scrappy pinwheel quilt. Slowly but surely, I am getting closer to my goal of 500 of these!

pinwheels

1 comment:

  1. Everything looks great! I too love quilts with white sashing :)

    ReplyDelete